Tenute Soletta Line
"It's the name of the town of Codrongianos in Greek."
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE WINE
Tipology: IGT white Island of the Nuraghi.
Vine variety: 60% Incrocio Manzon, 30% Vermentino, 10% Moscato
Location of the land: Codrongianos - Florinas
Exposition: North - East.
Altitudine: 350 m above sea level
Soil: Sandy, chalky, grey, yellow, soft sandstone.
Cultivation method: Runner system.
Density of the plantation: 4,500 plants/hr.
Year of plantation: 1975 - 2000
Yield: 70 quintals.
Harvest period: Septembre
Harvest type: Manual with 18 kg per each crate and pre and post-harvest raising
Vinification: In white with cryomaceration of grapes, partial fermentation in oak barrels
Ageing: Refining on yeasts in oak barrels
Refining in the bottle: 8/10 mounths.
Alcohol content: 14% Vol.
Service temperature: 12/14 °C.
Colour: Strong pale yellow
Flowour: Because of the fermentation and refining in barriques and bottles for several months, this wine presents a very complex scent, where the note of vanilla is well mixed with maquis, citrus fruits and fumet.
Taste: Smooth and concentrated in the mouth, with a good balance among all its tasting components making it rich and persistent.
Gastronomic combination: Recommended with first courses of fish, shellfish, white meats and middle-aged cheeses. Superb as a meditation wine.
Kýanos IGT White Island of the Nuraghi
- Sun “Guida Oro I Vini di Veronelli 2013”
- Super Three Stars “Guida Oro I Vini di Veronelli 2013”
- Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate 2011: 90 points
- Silver medal – 8th International Wine Competition “La Selezione del Sindaco”
- Silver medal al AWC Vienna 2009 – International Wine Challenge” Medaglia d'Argento al "AWC VIENNA 2009 INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE"
- Silver medal - 8° 8th International Wine Competition "LA SELEZIONE DEL SINDACO"
- 6th Competition at the "Concorso Vini Bianchi Barricati 2009 GERMANIA" of the Italiana Sommelier
- Mention at the "Vinitaly 2009"
- First Classificated on yhe category white wine IGT al 7th Competition wine "Sapori di Romangia"
- Top wine in the "Il Mio Vino 2009"